The minimum daily package fixed by the Tourism Council of Bhutan covers the following services and is applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. Please be informed that this tariff is applicable to “Non-Regional Tourists” only and excludes “Regional Tourists” such as; Indian, Bangladeshi & Maldivian.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
- USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.
The minimum daily package covers the following services;
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an premium payment).
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal ground transport
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
- USD 65 Sustainable Development Fee (SDF)
Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates. These are as follows;
- Single individual – US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
The surcharge will not be applicable to representatives of foreign travel agents on business study or promotional visit duly approved and cleared by TCB.
i. There shall be no charge other than visa fee of USD 40 for children below the age of 5 years.
ii. Children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on minimum daily package rate.
iii. Full time students below the age of 25 years, holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions, shall be given 25% discount on minimum daily package rate.
iv. A group size discount of 50% on minimum daily package shall be given to one person in a group of 11 people. 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 people.
v. A 50% duration discount on SDF shall be provided after the 8th night and 100% discount on SDF shall be provided after 14th night.
vi. 100% discount shall be provided on SDF on first and/or last night for groups with night halt in Phuntsholing, Sarpang and Samdrup Jongkhar on arrival and/or departure.
Note: Children below 5 years will not be eligible for discounts (iv), (v), (vi).
All Children and Students will not be eligible for discount (v).